Tuesday, March 6, 2012

STOP KONY 2012

Sadly, it is really difficult for news to move me. Because the news is always the same, about war in the middle east, about gang violence in America, about politics, about the elections, about oil and gas prices. It is almost as if my mind has built up a barrier that mutes everything I hear and has me look the other way without a care. I woke up this morning and the first thing I did was check my twitter. I scrolled down and everything was hashtagged #STOPKONY
I had no idea what it was in reference to. I thought to myself, could this be a new candidate running for President, could it be a rapper with some controversial lyrics?  I let it pass and then logged in to check my next social networking site 'Facebook', and what did I see, more Stop Kony, and videos that went along with these statuses. I watched it, I cried, my heart sunk, and then I shared it, because even though it was just a click of a button, I know someone else will watch it, and hopefully share the message too. 
We all have voice and can do something about it, together. I hope you can share the video too, or at least watch it.  For yourself, for your own knowledge, for the child soliders, and for our future generations.

The more we know, the more we can do.
euniece

No comments:

Post a Comment