Saturday, March 10, 2012

Tibidabo

Girl in class: "My friends tried to hike up to the top of Tibidabo, but they gave up because it was too difficult to make it to the top without taking the funicular!"
Me: "Challenge accepted. Let's go hiking."
Before my friends and I even began our voyage to the top of the mountain, where there lay a beautiful church and an old school amusement park, we were quite unsure how to actually get there..
That's when we ran into the cute man in the photo below.  At 66 years old he hikes this mountain every single day, shared his life story with us, gave tips on being healthy, and safely got us to the top. Sometimes you just have to trust that people are good and won't steer you in the wrong direction...I mean what is there not to trust about an old man who is open enough to share "that even though his son is married to a Brazilian, she still has a flat butt"! <--Oh spanish people!
 Being away from the hustle and bustle of the city of Barcelona was much needed and was so nice for the day. It made me appreciate being able to venture through a dirt path for miles without the stop and go of the streets lights, it made me appreciate being able to enjoy the views that come along with each step to the top, it made me appreciate being able to take a deep inhale and not feel like my lungs are being poisoned with city pollution, but most of all it made me appreciate my home in the United States, and how lucky I am to have grown up surrounded by such beautiful nature.


euniece

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun!!! You should take Brandon on this hike:)

    ReplyDelete