Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Artsy Fartsy

Over the past weekend I went to Figueres and visited el Teatro Museo de Dalí, a museum devoted solely to the work he created throughout his lifetime.  Everything you look at is so intricate and interesting it is mind boggling to think how one person thought of such ideas in his head.  I mean, sometimes I have trouble thinking of what to blog about, let alone create an entire museum full of sculptures, paintings, and collections.
Every step you take in this museum you are surrounded by art.
When you look in front of you, you see a beautiful picture.
If you climb up to the top of the steps, you see the bigger picture.
But then you look up, and there's more.
From afar, I thought it was Abraham Lincoln.
But then you go up close, and realize it's the bare back of his wife, whom he was quite infatuated with.  All around the museum are various paintings, distortions and angles of his wife, who is nude in some form or another in primarily every piece of his work.
In the US I have gone to quite a few museums, all which showcase many different artists, which is nice because you get to see a variety of paintings.  But now that I have been to the Picasso Museum here which was only his work, as well as the Museum of Dalí, I have become extremely fond of visiting a museum full of only one artists' work. It is truly amazing to see how they lived their entire life as a painter.  Walking through collections of only one artists allows you to see every stage in that persons life, the good, the bad, the dark, the happy, and it really gives you a story behind the artwork along the way.

I know, I know. I'm pretty artsy fartsy right now.

euniece

No comments:

Post a Comment