Sunday, May 8, 2011

my best friend is my mom

She’s not awesome just because she had me at 17 and raised me on her own, and did a remarkable job doing it.  She’s not the best just because she’s an awesome runner who already completed four half marathons and a marathon, not to mention she just started running four years ago.  She’s not super cool just because she dresses better than Rachel Zoe, and I wear half of her wardrobe.  She’s not the bomb just because she jams out to Lil Wayne and can get down like no one’s business.  She is incredible because she’s my best friend, my running partner, my inspiration, and best of all, my mom.


Over the past 19 years of my life my mom has taught me to:
Do it for myself
Not care what anyone thinks of me
Drive a car
shop…..<--bad bad habit
Appreciate culture
Size is just a number
Be a good person
Keep in touch with family, even if they don’t try to keep in touch with you
Wipe my mouth with a napkin
Say please and thank you
Not worry about the past, and look toward the future
Save money
Doll myself up, because you never know who you will run into
Try new things
Do it like you mean it
Appreciate the little things in life
Stick with it when things get rough
Work hard
 That less is more
Leave things to the imagination
Wear sunscreen [still need to work on this one]
Act goofy, dance, and smile
Take care of my body
Do what i love, and love unconditionally
Be true to myself


 No matter how old I am, I’ll love you forever, I’ll like you for always, as long as your living, my mommy you’ll be.


I know you’re reading this mom so, HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY BEAUTIFUL, i love you!

9 comments:

  1. What a sweet and touching post. And your mom looks young enough to be your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AW Happy Mother's Day to your Mom. She sounds amazing and she looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures and reflection on your relationship with your mom are so beautiful!! The ones of you as a child are adorable. I hope you had an amazing mother's day with her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my mom taught me how to shop too :)
    omg your mom looks like your sister! so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everyone - she so looks like your sister! <3 beautiful ladies! =) My mom did not teach me how to save money either... just how to spend it wisely =) haha! <3

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful mothers day post! You and are mommy are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you all for the compliments, she is absolutely exquisite : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. you two are sooo gorgeous! i love these photos! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww such a sweet post! I thought she was your sister--seriously! I need those star earrings you're wearing in that one pic!

    ReplyDelete