I'd rather fall in chocolate
I'm posting this recipe because I love you all, and want your tummies to love you back as much as I do!
Not only is this torte easy, but it is absolutely delicious.
Recipe is curtosy of House of Fifty
Chocolate and Rasberry Torte:
14 tbsp butter
7 oz bittersweet chocolate
3/4 cup + 1 tbsp sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp powdered sugar
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp sugar
8 oz raspberries
Preheat oven to 335°
1. Melt the butter and then place the chocolate into the butter to melt Stir until combined, and let cool. In another bowl mix the flour and baking powder together and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl combine the eggs and the sugar
3. Mix until frothy
4. Add the chocolate and butter mixture into the egg and sugar mixture. Combine well.
5. Then fold in the flour and baking powder mixture.
6. Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 15 minutes. While waiting for it to finish, it is in your best interest to snack on a chocolate covered spoon from all that hard work! When removing the cake from the oven it will be soft in the middle, but will stiffen after being refrigerated.
7. When you are ready to serve, dust the cake with powdered sugar, and make your whipping cream.
8. Spread on a layer of whipping cream and decorate with raspberries!