Monday, January 31, 2011

It's the little things in life

It's a good day, why? Well for One: the sun was shining and the sky was blue, which is very very uncommon in this city.  Secondly: my run was peaceful and relaxing, while I just took in the Vitamin D and listened to the Postal Service before all of the college students crawled out of their warm beds.  Doesn't it feel so good to get an early start?  The early bird gets the worm, right?!  Right : )
Thirdly: Okay so I am pretty sure everyone who is in college now or has ever been away from home for a long period of time can agree with me when I say, receiving packages is probably the best thing in the world! Today was one of those days for me!  I feel like the luckiest girl right now who just hit the jack pot!  That's right, I hit the jack pot!  Who has 36 pumpkin spice k-cups to hold her up for the month of February (minus one for the one used in my coffee cup right now...)? This girl, and I am so excited about it, not to mention some delicious oatmeal cranberry dunkers from Trader Joes complimented the cups perfectly in my package.  I thought they only sold pumpkin spice during the fall season, who knew 'limited edition' fell into the winter months!  It's the little things in life that make the world go around, as least for me!  I really love my package thanks so much, Steph and Corinne, it was such a lovely surprise in my day!
Fourthly: To make my perfect day even better, I met up with an old friend Nick for lunch at my favorite restaurant in Oakland, The Red Oak Cafe.  This cute little hole in the wall serves whole, fresh, organic foods with all of their produce from local farms, what more could you ask for!  Not only that but they serve my favorite meal of the day, all day, breakfast!  Next on my list to order when I go there are there whole wheat banana walnut pancakes, yummy, just the thought makes my mouth water (is it absolutely absurd to think about your next meal somewhere after you literally just ate less than thirty minutes ago).  But today while I was there I had my usual, the Mesquite Turkey Sandwhich with their light, fluffy, crispy house chips (amazing every time). 
I should probably start being productive now and do some homework or something crazy like that!  Have an amazing Monday everyone, and wherever you are, I hope the sun is shining : )

3 comments:

  1. Yumm! Lunch looks awesome. And I agree, packages are the best, especially in college. My Mom and sister are teachers so they would always send me the best packages from their classes! I also used to listen to the Postal Service while walking to class...great minds think alike!

    Allie @ allieatfood.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a lucky girl!! We will have to have lunch there. But only after we have breakfast at Pamela's!!! Love and miss you

    ReplyDelete