Sunday, January 30, 2011

Running Funk

So this entire week I have gone without any posts to the blog!! What in the world has gotten into me?!  Okay I'll admit, I was in a bit of a running funk this whole week.  Can you believe it... I went an entire week without running in the fresh cold wind!!!  It's just so difficult to try to be a perfect college student, have an active social life, run, and look human all at the same time, so instead I have been cheating my poor body and I have been a gym rat on the elliptical for 45 minutes at a time.  But today as I was getting ready to run up to the gym, I opened my window and felt a gust of cool fresh air rush in, suddenly I knew exactly where I had to go instead, so I went, and I ran, far far far away, and I loved every single second of it!!!  It's funny how in a short week you can forget how sane and happy something can make you!!! There truly is no comparison to being able to freely run where ever you want, see what you want to see, go up  whatever hill you want to venture up, as opposed to feeling like a hamster in a circle moving your body and going nowhere in the gym.  So note to self* no matter how cold it is, just remember- 1) my body will warm up 20 degrees 2) "there's no such thing as bad weather, just bad gear" 3) "do what you makes you happy"... as my mom put it last night! Mom's always seem to know best, don’t they?!  So anyhow, here are some pictures of my beautiful Pittsburgh bound day in Schenely Park.
 
 
What could make this amazing day better?!?! Well, the two pictures above hint at it just a bit, but if you still cannot guess, its a dog! I would lovelovelove a cute running partner, german shorthaired pointer,  preferably female, do I have any takers?  Hmm.. maybe it would be wise to wait until I am not living in a 16x8 ft dorm.  Until then a girl can dream : )



No comments:

Post a Comment